Commitments of Joining the Study Programs
When you join either the Foundation Program or Teacher Training Program you must make the following commitments:
- To attend every class (including the review classes)
- To memorize the Condensed Meaning or Root Text of the books and to sit a written examination at the end of each book or section of a book
- To attend at least one puja or prayer service each week organized by the Centre
- To prepare well for each class so discussion partners’ efforts are respected
- To attend the group discussions
In addition, you will be expected to help Kadampa Meditation Centre Canada to flourish in practical ways – such as by occasionally putting up daily water offerings, cleaning the meditation room and other areas as needed; also helping in assisting at short courses where possible and assisting or teaching at General Program classes from time to time.
Prioritizing the Study Program in your personal schedule
Making your Teacher Training Program a high priority is essential for your studies and meditations to be successful. The Program term dates will available in advance every six months; therefore, for any personal meetings/holidays etc. you should have time to re-schedule if necessary in the light of your Study Program attendance commitment. Please note: valid reasons for non-attendance cannot include avoidable appointments or holidays.